Saturday 23 November 2013

My first festive make of the season......

....is for the Country View Crafts challenge.  I was lucky enough to have been picked to be part of their design team the other week and this is my first piece for them.

The challenge is on the theme of 'Letters' ........I've used a big Sizzix die to cut the word Noel out of some textured grungepaper.  I cut it twice and glued the pieces together because I wanted it to be strong enough to stand. Then I used Iced Spruce and Evergreen Bough Distress Paint to colour it.


Once the paint was dry I used some  Cosmic Shimmer Enchanted Gold gilding wax to highlight the texture. I then repeated the whole process on a rectangular piece of grungepaper, which I wanted to act as a base.


Using the Spellbinders Poinsettia die I cut some flowers, coloured them with H2O's, and stamped with an alphabet stamp......I used a Kaisercraft clear stamp but any script or lettering stamp would do, it just adds a little bit of interest. Then they were glued together. Gave the same treatment just with different colours to some leaves, cut using the same die.


Then I simply assembled everything together along with a little tinsel trim that I had in my box, just to add some festive sparkle......and as you have to have a little glitter at Christmas I also added a little Stickles glitter glue to the edges of the letters just for a bit more twinkle! Lol!


Thanks for visiting, hope to see you again :)

Donna xx

3 comments:

  1. Have Just seen this gorgeous Christmas decoration over at CVC so thought I would pop over and leave a comment here too love the textures and colours Donna.
    Also signing up as a follower of your blog
    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous make and very creative Donna. Love the colours and decorations, it will be such a great decorative piece to have out at Christmas. Welcome to CVC.
    Hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful project Donna! Great to have you on board. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for stopping by