Tuesday 25 February 2014

Twit, twoooooo....

.......time for this weeks Creative Expressions project.  This week I've decorated a lovely little MDF birdhouse that we got sent to play with. First of all I painted it with some white acrylic and then with Evergreen Bough and Pine Needle Distress paint.


Then I mixed a little pearlescent mica powder into some clear texture paste and applied it to the birdhouse through a Special Touch mask.


Whilst that was drying I stamped and coloured the owl from Sam Poole's Wise Friend stamp plate.I've used promarkers for colouring but you could use Distress markers, pencils, distress inks.....any colouring medium of your choice really.  I also cut some leaves using a Spellbinders foliage die and some flowers using the Bitty Blossoms die. Then I simply arranged and glued! Oh and added a few pearls for a few accents.



Thanks for stopping by
Donna xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi thanks for stopping by