Thursday 7 August 2014

A man's best friend....

....or should I say a girls! For my second piece for Country View Challenges I've combined a love of tags and quotes with a love of dogs for this tag.....

Started off by stamping the girl and dog (Lost Coast stamp) onto a plain white tag using black Memento Ink. Then I applied a mix of Pumice Stone and Broken China Distress Ink using a piece of Cut and Dry Foam to the tag, making sure I kept the colour light over the top of the figures.
Then using a Dylusions stencil I added some diamond pattern with more of the Broken China Distress Ink and a tiny bit of stamping with a Kaisercraft stamp. I added the quote using some mini alphabet stamps.
I used Promarkers to add a some colour to the stamped figures and then lightly blended a little more Pumice Stone over the top.  Really love using alcohol markers over the top of distress ink, because the colours are slightly translucent the background shows through a little and the images blend in so well. To finish off I added a bow of Crinkle Ribbon coloured with the same colours of Distress Ink.
Make sure you pop over to play along with the Country View Challenges.....you could win some some crafty spending money at Country View Crafts or maybe get picked to be a guest designer.

Donna xx

1 comment:

  1. Hello Donna,
    This Tag has a wonderful simplicity in the design that is perfect for the eye to focus on the image and words. A great piece.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for stopping by