Tuesday 16 September 2014

White and Sparkly...

....for this weeks simple but classic (I hope!!) Christmas card for Creative Expressions. Yet again it's featuring one of Sue Wilson's lovely Christmas dies, this time it's the turn of the Mosaic Poinsettia  and Classic Poinsettia dies.
So to start off I cut myself a square of white card (approx 6") and covered it with a sheet of double sided adhesive. Then I cut several of the Mosaic Poinsettia's which I then stuck onto the sticky surface of the square of card........it's a good idea to play around with your arrangement before removing the protective covering of the double sided adhesive sheet.
Now to add the sparkle......now I have to say I HATE loose glitter, bloomin' stuff gets everywhere but at Christmas you just have to have a bit of sparkle!! So I tipped a pot of Diamond Sprinkles over the top of my square, and pressed down well all over it paying particular attention to all the little areas inside the flowers. Then I just tipped off the excess and gave it a final burnish.

To create the flower I cut a couple of large layers and a couple of smaller layers (one plain and one patterned), then glued them together with some Cosmic Shimmer glue. Now for the centre you could use one of Creative Expressions lovely Dazzlers but I have to admit I like to make my own beady centres my putting a good dollop of 3d glue gel/silicone in the centre and then dropping on some seed beads (in this case white pearl) which I gently push into the glue and to form a pretty beaded dome. Once all the glue was dry I lightly rubbed some gold gilding wax onto the edges of the petals and also lightly over the flowers stuck to the backing sheet. 
To construct the completed card I simply layered up with white and gold card and then added a stamped sentiment.

Donna xx

2 comments:

  1. I really like this, the white, gold with the glitter in the background looks wonderful. King regards Sandra Kent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beauty Donna xx Love Karen xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for stopping by