Sunday 1 February 2015

Drips and Drops....

....is the new theme over at the Country View Crafts Challenge. Lots of colourful, watery drips and drops on this one......
Started off by stamping my little foxy character (Viva Las VegasStamps) onto a piece of white card. Then using some Pebeo Drawing Gum (masking fluid which is water soluble so washes out of your brush completely) I masked off the fox, I also drew a few fine lines with the gum using the end of the brush handle and then added a few drops.... 
Then I added a few drops of AquaTints to my glass mat and spritzed well with water...now I used AquaTints but you could just as easily squish your Distress Ink Pads onto your glass mat and use them...
Then I picked up the colour onto my stamped and masked piece of card. Although some colour will sit on the dried masking fluid it won't permeate through to the paper...
Before removing the masking I added a bit of stencilling using a Tim Holtz layering stencil. Then I simply rubbed of the masking with my finger and then painted the little fox.  To finish I mounted it all onto a card blank and added a couple of stamped words.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to pop by the Country View challenge site to join in the fun,
Donna xx 

6 comments:

  1. Fab card Donna love that funky foxy character! Great drippy card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Donna ! I love the background will have to try this ! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colours and a great background, such a fun card.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Mr Fox, and the masking of him and those squiggles and drops is so effective against the vivid inky background. What a fun card!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Donna,
    This is a great looking card and I love the effect of your drips juxtaposing with your image. A wonderful design.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful technique, going to have to break out my masking fluid! That little fox stamp is too cute, love your card.

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for stopping by