Sunday 15 February 2015

More Drips and Drops.....

....for the 'Drips and Drops' challenge over on Country View Challenges.
I like the look of 'CAS .....clean and simple' cards BUT I don't really do clean! So I've decided that when playing with this kinda style I'm going with 'MAS......messy and simple'!! Lol!

So here's a quick how to...first of all I started off by stamping the butterfly (IndigoBlu) on a piece of 7"x 7" white stamping card...
Then using a bit of cut and dry foam and distress inks (Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers) I added some colour to the butterfly...
Then I spritzed it liberally with water to get the colours to run and drip. Once I'd given it a quick dry, I watered down some of the ink and flicked some some spots of colour on...
I then decided I fancied a bit more interest to the background so I grabbed one of Tim Holtz's layering stencils and some black soot distress ink to add a bit more texture... 
To finish I simply stamped some words (Kaisercraft) and mounted onto a white card blank. 
Thanks for stopping by and do remember to pop by Country View Challenges to join in the fun.

Donna xx



2 comments:

  1. Love this Donna, very effective xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, this is gorgeous - love the MAS idea, well done!! (I'm not good at CAS either)

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for stopping by