Friday 1 May 2015

Simply Scenic....

....is the new challenge over at Country View Challenges blog, chosen by me this month :)

I've used some of Sheena's Perfect Partner range of stamps, along with some from her Silhouette Grasses and Silhouette Garden stamp plates. I've used AquaTints for the colour but if you don't have them you could get pretty similar effects by blending with distress inks......it's just not as quick!!

So first off I stamped the main images onto some white card using a black archival inkpad....
....next for the colour, I wanted a warm, lazy scene so I went for washes of bright yellow, orange and pink which I applied quickly with a flat brush....
....then I gave it a quick dry. Next using a damp paint brush and a bit of kitchen roll I lifted out some of the colour to give me a sun and some highlights.  All you need to do is damp the areas you want to 'bleach' of colour, leave a few seconds and blot.....
Next I darkened the edges by blending on a little black soot distress ink before stamping the leaves and grasses to act as a frame to the scene. Adding the dark black round the edges make the centre glow more and gives a feeling of looking through into the light. I then stamped the sentiment, the dragonfly and the little bird sitting on the front of the tractor. To give even more feeling of light and sun I used an alcohol marker in a pale grey to add extra shadows around the tractor and beneath the trees...
All that was left to do was to mount it onto a card blank.  Hope you enjoy the scenic challenge and have time to play along :)

See you again soon
Donna xx






2 comments:

  1. Love your scenic card, I long for places just like that as they seem so peaceful. Thanks for posting a tutorial too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Donna,
    Beautiful, bright and energetic, this scene is delightful and makes for a gorgeous looking card.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for stopping by